Monday 15 June 2015

One Down

I have a raft of ebooks in my library. Some, I have grabbed as freebies when they've been on promotion, some I've got for the offspring to read so they reside in my virtual Tsundoku pile destined never to be read by me, and some I actually pay for.

One of my latest acquisitions was "Harry's Pub", which flitted past on my FB newsfeed one day and caught my eye. For two quid I thought it sounded interesting enough to buy and I wasn't disappointed. I read the whole book, putting it down reluctantly when I had to, and thoroughly enjoyed it. For two quid, it's well worth straying off the path of the Tsundoku Way. Trust me :D

Still on the Tsundoku Path, I have an ever increasing virtual pile to be read, including the Poldark series. I'm slightly in two minds about whether to read those, having barely managed the first few pages of book one, and given how much I enjoyed the TV series, I don't really want to go down the route of comparing one to the other. Perhaps those are destined to remain unread for the time being.

I feel slightly guilty about my copy of "The History of English Food", which is looking accusingly at me from the arm of the sofa where it has languished for a couple of months. I read the first few chapters an enjoyed them immensely, but somehow I just don't seem to have found the time to continue with the rest of the book. This one is definitely on my "Must Finish" list and it will remain on the arm of the sofa to remind me of its presence until I do.

So many books, so little time! What's on your Tsundoku pile?





No comments:

Post a Comment